Saturday, May 30, 2009

Eagle project, Concerts, and Up



Well I havnt posted for a while, I was waiting for hillary to post some 3 posts to catch up with everything, but she never got around to them. I was quite busy with several things my self that i didnt get around to it either.




I just finished my eagle project on memorial day, we had around 30 people come and help with it, and we got done very fast. My project was to make fleese blankets for the Primary Childrens hospital. Now just to finish up my eagle i need to have a board of review, and then im done. My birthday is tomorrow, so i finished right at the end.

Me, John, David, and Brandon went to leatherbys to get our long awaited Cheesy fries that we were going to get the night before Emily and Davids Wedding.
Last week i had 2 big concerts, and a rehersal every day of the week, except thursday, and saturday. On Tuesday I had a Side by Side concert with the Utah Symphony. We did Wagners Lohengrin Prelude to Act 3, and Tchaikovskis Symphony no. 2. It went very well, and i was sitting in front of my future Horn professor at BYU. He congradulated on the solo I had that starts out the Tchaikovski. The concert on friday went great, it was for the Utah Youth Symphony Orchestra, and Philharmonic Orchestra. We played Kalinnikov Symphony no. 1 and Brahms 1st Symphony. It went very well, and I will miss our horn section.


Speaking of our Horn section, one of them, Jimmy, was doing a concerto night for Olympus High school. My current horn teacher Amber Tuckness was asked to play in the orchestra for it. She called me up and said she was sick, so she asked if i could sub for her; so i did. They played 15 concerti, it was alot of sight reading, and pretty fun. The concert went for 3 hours though, so it was kinda long.

This friday I went to see UP with one of Emilys old friends from high school, Tiffany Stamm. It was a fun little movie, its kinda sad at some points, but its a nice little story. We had fun watching it, then we went to her house, and ate taco, talked, and had otter pops. It was a very fun date.


Well this is a sum up of the last 2 weeks.

4 comments:

Lindsey Pickett said...

she was my old friend before she even met Emily.

The very Happy newly parents said...

Well lets just all fight over tiffany. I was here old friend longer than you were. Billy it sounds like your future horn teacher really likes you. That will be cool when you are playing with the BYU Symmpony.

Billy and Hillary said...

SYMMPONY, what do you think it is? A panzy club?

Val said...

Hey I want in on the fight. Tiffany came to my wedding, and I've seen her play at USU so there! She's my friend too