Monday, January 26, 2009

The Journey through Braces.












I first found out that is was going to be getting braces on Christmas two years ago. I was so exited, little did i know that i was embarking a pain full and frustrating process. I got my braces on on January 25, 2007. I was in 8th grad. Now almost exactly two years latter on January 26 2009 I got them off! My mouth before braces looked like a train wreck. I had an over bite that stuck out about two feet and an up jet on the bottom. I was in serious need of a head gear but my mom knew i would never be able to wear is faithfully, and they really don't use them any more. The new way of pulling back teeth is to extract two teeth from some were in the back. I had this done in July in 2007. It took forever for thous gaps to fill in! but i am so glad my Orthodontist is patient, or my teeth would not look as good as they do. My parents really trust our Orthodontist, Dr. Nelson. he was Valerie Lindsey's and Emily's Otho. He was also some of my Aunt and Uncles Doctor too. His office is all the way in Murry and it is a little out of our way to get there. but I think my mom would go to the moon and back every month just to have him work on our teeth. Today was the big day that i got them off. I could barley sleep last night i was so exited. as we drove to the appointment i was running my tounge over my teeth saying good bye to my braces, and a kept picturing all the horrible situations that would make it so i could not get them off. Like the Doctor would get in an accident on his way to work, or we would get into and accident on our way in, or they could just not get the brackets unstuck form my teeth. But we got there safe and the Doctor got there safe and they ripped them off! and now i have been de-railed ( that is what Billy calls it.)

6 comments:

Val said...

Yay! I still remember how slimy my teeth felt after I got my braces off. I was glad to get my retainer so that I could have the familer feel of metal in my mouth.

Lindsey Pickett said...

how cute. you should do a after braces photo shoot.

mel said...

Congratulations Hillary!!!!! that sounds like it was a lot of fun and excitment

WDL 5 said...

I agree. An after braces photo shoot would be good!

The very Happy newly parents said...

Wow you were right your molds did look like cave man teeth, but your teeth look great now! So pretty! I am just sad that you never got to be cindy loo hoo for haloween. Hey why didnt I ever get an after baces photo shoot?

Cheryl said...

Congratulations Hillary, Thanks for being bling buddies with me! Your smile looks beautiful.