Sunday, February 1, 2009

Auditions at BYU

Yesterday i went down to BYU to audition for the school of music. I already know the Horn Professor, Larry Lowe, pretty well so right when i walked into the building i ran into him. I talked with him for a bit about Utah Youth and All State. He told me he was excited to here me audition.

In my audition he told me to play the song i chose, and then he wanted to see my range. After i played he said he really likes my sound and hopes he can accept me into the school of music, into thier horn studio. Larry is the Prinapal horn of the Orchestra at Temple Square, he also chooses his top students to perform with them. He is also in charge of all the Horn Recording in Utah, so he chooses who records for Movies, from utah. He has one CD, and another coming. He has also composed several peices for horn.


Over the summer I went to BYU for a summer music Festival. We had a busy schedule and played all week. I auditioned with the same guy, and he put me as first horn of the symphony and let me Solo in the Student Recital. It was a very fun week.


Within the next few weeks i should be hearing back from BYU to see what they decided. I post that later.


1 comment:

Lors said...

WOW!!!! Billy! That sounds very promising! What an exciting time in your life. We are very proud of you and all of our accomplishments. Keep it up