Monday, December 22, 2008

The Jelly Beans

Jelly beans are one of my favorite candys. I first liked them when we went on a trip to grandmas in idaho, and me and hillary rode with Julie and Marks family. We had a big bucket of Jelly beans. By the time we got to Idaho, all we had left were the nasty flavors, and dull colors. We also had those Harry potter, every flavored beans, and we would always try to make the other eat the nasty flavors.




Now for every time my parents go away for a vacation, or we are all going on a vacation. We always get a bag of beans. Vera gave me some after lindseys wedding, and i think i ate most of the bag, because i was home alone. I got about 2 bags for my birthday, and i still have some of them left, except they are all the discolored, nasty flavors.


My favorite company that makes them is called Gimbles, or something like that. They ahve about 40 flavors. They also have recipies on the back, where you mix different beans to make different things, like blueberry muffins, Rootbeer floats, and other ones.


The most dreaded flavors were the coffee flavors. When you ate them there would be a sickening mass that eaped from your mouth, and breath. They are pretty discusting. We found out that if you eat a Coffee, lemon, Roasted marshmallow, and popcorn, it would either tast like a Janitors closet, or an airport. That was pretty fun.


The pictures are of me emily and hillary sorting the jelly beans into colors; wile mom was away.

2 comments:

The very Happy newly parents said...

How did you come up with the idea to do a post about jelly beans. I love those pictures. We are so cool. I hate coffie

Lors said...

I used to sort jelly bellys with my cousin Melissa when she would come stay with us during the summer. We would use muffin tins to sort them in. My favs are watermelon, cinnamon, bubble gum and chocolate, but yuck yuck yuck to those nasty coffee ones that looks like chocolate.